Introduction to me

My name is Shayam Utting, 9163, and I am in group 1 with Amber Mota, 9114, and Alistair Price, 9137.

To navigate your way around my blog, please use the labels below; A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' by Come What May

The outside of our album cover

The outside of our album cover
Front of Our Digipak

Digipak

Digipak
The Inside of Our Digipak
Our website, please click on it to access.

Thursday 11 September 2014

Film still analysis.

I have chosen this still from the move 'The Dark Knight' as it is my favorite film and I find the camera work really amazing and this scene especially stood out to me.

In this still it is shown that the Joker is sitting in a jail call as seen from the bars and cage-like enclosure. This connotes imprisonment and danger and it is obvious that this character is meant to be portrayed as the villain.

There is rather gothic iconography being used to connote the horror/thriller genre. The character is clearly a clown but the lighting falls across is face to brighten him alone and juxtaposes with the dark background. His makeup and outfit imply that the movie will have a sub-genre of comedy. His evil expression suggests he is contemplating his next attack.

This still will build tension in the audience and generate excitement as they await what the Joker does next. It connects with the audience's fears and hooks them into the film so they can not stop watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment