Introduction to me

My name is Shayam Utting, 9163, and I am in group 1 with Amber Mota, 9114, and Alistair Price, 9137.

To navigate your way around my blog, please use the labels below; A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' by Come What May

The outside of our album cover

The outside of our album cover
Front of Our Digipak

Digipak

Digipak
The Inside of Our Digipak
Our website, please click on it to access.

Thursday 11 September 2014

My film still.

1) I chose this shot to replicate the most memorable scene from 'The Imbetweeners 2', a comedy film and this shot was meant to represent the amusing 'tragedy' which the characters face. We achieved this and signified the chosen genre by the character's facial expressions and the composition of the shot. The lighting was also quite bright so it doesn't create a depressing tone but is instead light-hearted and laughable.

2) To actually achieve this effect we used a long shot to connote the character's despairing body language and over exaggerated attitudes towards their situation. This shot was perfect because it was also close enough for the facial expressions to be viewed but also to see the setting and where they are situated.

3) In our still we were trying to communicate exhaustion and despair but also the over-exaggeration of the characters. We assumed that the audience would already be familiar with these characters so to see them sitting hopelessly on the floor on a bright, summers day would be humorous for them.

4) I think our positioning of the characters was successful and that the type of shot we used worked effectively to connote our genre.

5) In hindsight I would use the lighting more effectively to create a more dramatic or humorous effect. I would also make the shot tighter so there was slightly less background and maybe position my actors differently as the two on the end were the same.

1 comment:

  1. A super analysis Shayam. Excellent evaluative comments too. I really love the shot, great choice! An excellent start, well done.

    ReplyDelete