Introduction to me

My name is Shayam Utting, 9163, and I am in group 1 with Amber Mota, 9114, and Alistair Price, 9137.

To navigate your way around my blog, please use the labels below; A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' by Come What May

The outside of our album cover

The outside of our album cover
Front of Our Digipak

Digipak

Digipak
The Inside of Our Digipak
Our website, please click on it to access.

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Post 4: How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

Our call sheet played a significant
part int he shoot day.
This prelim experience has helped me in a variety of ways, including:

- realising that I will need to be very decisive and communicate well with other members of my group in all stages of our music video for our project to be successful.
- how different shooting a music video would be as opposed to shooting a short film opening so this experience really opened my eyes and helped me understand how to edit a music video.
- this experience has also helped me realise the importance of time and sticking to a schedule.

 I am very excited to create my own video as I think I'll be able to be really experimental and creative.

Pre-production:

- We must chose our genre and consequently our intended style of our music video in order to make it suit our music choice.
- Our location must also be practical but suitable.
Our set in the Seward Studio.
- We must think carefully about who we would cast as our main actors and possibly have to have auditions.
- Planning and scheduling is essential and I would have to plan the shoot schedule and create a call sheet.
A list of our set-ups.

Production:

- It is very important to be punctual and arrive on time and I hope that the call sheet will allow our crew and cast to know their times. 
- Although I would like to have a very professional atmosphere one thing that I really enjoyed and would like to have on my own shoot day would be a supportive, encouraging crew who will cheer on our actors.
Two members of the crew with me while
I performed.


- For our shoot day we had a variety of crew members who all worked together to help one another and whenever I had some free time I would try to help out by cable-bashing for our camera man or asking our time-keeper about the schedule.
Our director.

Post-production:

- I would dedicate more of my time to editing and follow our edit schedule a lot more strictly.
- I'll also account for different members of my groups strengths and weaknesses so we work together efficiently. 
- Allow myself enough time to be really creative with the visual effects, for example the flashes and horizontal flips. 

Below is a short time-lapse video of our shoot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment