Introduction to me

My name is Shayam Utting, 9163, and I am in group 1 with Amber Mota, 9114, and Alistair Price, 9137.

To navigate your way around my blog, please use the labels below; A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' by Come What May

The outside of our album cover

The outside of our album cover
Front of Our Digipak

Digipak

Digipak
The Inside of Our Digipak
Our website, please click on it to access.

Monday 20 July 2015

Post 1: Did you enjoy the main workshop shoot day? What roles did you take and what did you learn? What were your best bits and why?

I really enjoyed the main workshop day and my main role consisted of acting as Haley Williams but I also helped out with the more technical side by pushing the dolly and being a cable basher for Jack- our camera man.
Monica pushing me whilst I got an insight into being behind the
camera.
I found this very useful as I learnt a lot about the different types of job within the media industry and the importance of safety when filming as I would not of previously considered tripping over cables an issue. I also learnt about the different effects that can be created by different camera movements such as the contrast between hand-held movement and being on the dolly.

 I also did the clapper board for some of the shots and I was particularly aware of our shots in relation to the schedule and I made sure other members of the media department were aware of where we were meant to be on the schedule.


This helped me learn how to manage time more efficiently and meant that I also met one of my targets that I set myself earlier in the week to be more in control of situations and aware of what was going on at what time. 

I really enjoyed helping out and learning about the more technical side of our production but my favourite part of the day was performing and having my classmates and the rest of the crew supporting me and cheering me on whenever I got nervous. 


I found it really interesting and insightful being infront fo the camera as I think ti helped me direct my peers when they were performing and it also helped to gain confidence and develop my communication skills as I had to work quite closely with our director Dominic and acting coach Jasmine.
Below is a behind the scenes video made by one of the members of our crew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment