Introduction to me

My name is Shayam Utting, 9163, and I am in group 1 with Amber Mota, 9114, and Alistair Price, 9137.

To navigate your way around my blog, please use the labels below; A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' by Come What May

The outside of our album cover

The outside of our album cover
Front of Our Digipak

Digipak

Digipak
The Inside of Our Digipak
Our website, please click on it to access.

Sunday 4 October 2015

R & P post 10: Album covers that have inspired and influenced my ideas

From this task I have learnt that album covers can be catogorised in a variety of ways;
- By genre, rock tends to be a lot more edgier or in black and white, for example U2.
- Whether the focal image is of artwork or of people, following on from this is the artist in a band or solo?
- This also leads me to consider the media used-animation, photography, artwork, graphics etc. 

My group looked at a range of album covers to broaden our knowledge and understanding of what they often consist of. 

As our album is the first album we will include a photo of the artist on the cover as this is very common with debut albums. 

Artwork is also very common with alternate genres and I like the idea of collaboratign artwork with photography like Prince has done below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment