Introduction to me

My name is Shayam Utting, 9163, and I am in group 1 with Amber Mota, 9114, and Alistair Price, 9137.

To navigate your way around my blog, please use the labels below; A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' by Come What May

The outside of our album cover

The outside of our album cover
Front of Our Digipak

Digipak

Digipak
The Inside of Our Digipak
Our website, please click on it to access.

Sunday 4 October 2015

R&P Post 11: Artist websites that have inspired and influenced my ideas.

I have looked at and analysed a variety of different websites to influence my own ideas for conventions my website should contain.

Some of the websites I looked at.
Conventions:
- All the above websites have 'merch' or 'store' on their homepage, with the exception of Beyonce. I think this is tactical as it financially benefits our band and helps increase profits as one of the first things the audience will see is an opportunity to invest in our band's products.
- Their music videos are all clearly advertised as one of the first things you see when entering their web page. I will make sure that our website does this as it immediately allows the audience to see our latest production and allows the audience to find a temporary diversion from their lives.

- Gigs, tours & events clearly advertised. This is any band's biggest form of profit as it gratifies the audiences in many ways according to Bulmer and Katz as they are given an escape from working whilst creating relationships with others of similar music tastes to theirs. Therefore I will make sure that Tour dates are clearly advertised ont he Home Page of our website.
- All websites include links to other social media, such as Facebook and Twitter. We will include links ot all our social media at the bottom of every page on our website as with the proliferation of technology most - if not all - of our target audience will be on social media. This allows them to interact with our band and share our content with their friends, thus raising publicity.
- Photos of the artists are included on their websites. This helps create their image and build their brand. We will also do this, I would like to have a Gallery page and Videos page which will help create personal relationships between our band and our audience.
- Each website has the option to sign-up for extra news letters and bonus features. This gratifies audiences and I will make sure this is clearly advertised on our News or Home Page.

Function:
- To promote the album and advertise current and upcoming music.
- To create a brand and style.
- Keep fans updated and connected.
-To inform the audience about logistics and other information.
- Interactivity.
- Maximise the opportunity for the audience to spend cash on the website.

Style & design:
What I have observed is that the more modern websites are more similar to blogs and have been updated for different platforms. However, Arctic Monkeys and Flight of the Conchords are more standard and easy to use. As shown below, Flight of the Conchords website is much more linear and simple to use. I think this will appeal to a wider audience so will probably follow this style.
I have also realised that the websites must reflect the artist and their music so branding is very important in terms of the style and design of the website. 

After having looked at these websites I decided to look into a website that was more similar to the genre I am planning on creating a music video for.



For my own website I will make sure I follow all the above conventions and include the functions I have listed above. The p!atd website has helped influence my style and theme for my website and I know that I want it to be quite alternative and predominantly black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment