Introduction to me

My name is Shayam Utting, 9163, and I am in group 1 with Amber Mota, 9114, and Alistair Price, 9137.

To navigate your way around my blog, please use the labels below; A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' by Come What May

The outside of our album cover

The outside of our album cover
Front of Our Digipak

Digipak

Digipak
The Inside of Our Digipak
Our website, please click on it to access.

Friday 11 September 2015

R & P Post 3: Music genres that interest me

There are many genres that I enjoy listening to but below I have listed my top 4.

I have grown up listening to rock music as my dad was a very big inluence when I was a child and to this day I still really enjoy listening to classical rock bands like Queen and The Beatles. However, I have decided to research alternative and indie rock bands in more detail as I find the slower, more instrumental feel would be more ideal for the music video I would like to create. 

1) The 1975 are an indie band who have released many hit singles suchas Girls and Chocolate

Although predominantly beign described as indie rock the band are known to be influenced by diverse genres ranging from electropop to R&B.


2)  The Preatures are an Australian with a female singer. 



3) Arctic Monkeys have developed their genre over the years; from rock to alternative to indie rock. It has also been argued that there is an element of post-modern pastiche created by their experimentation of different styles used ironically.

Alex Turner, frontman.
Arctic Monkey's genre is particularly evident by their style and look. As shown above, Alex Turner has a rockabilly-inspired quiff, complimented by his pricey black leather motorcycle jacket which all work together to create this retro-futeristic posh biker look he's got going on.

When referring to their latest album, Turner says "There's like a shimmery, intergalactic, slightly cosmic element to the way the genres make me feel." This contrasts with their LP, 2006'S Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, an instant classic that mixed tough garage punk with detail-rich lyrics about small-town English nightlife.

Similarities between bands that are under alternate/indie rock...



Foo Fighters with their instruments.
Most common instruments:
- Guitar
- Bass
- Drums
- Vocals
and occassionally..
- Synthesizer
- Piano

Below I have found a track by The Kooks which is very indie and demonstrates the different instruments together to form a catchy song very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment