Introduction to me

My name is Shayam Utting, 9163, and I am in group 1 with Amber Mota, 9114, and Alistair Price, 9137.

To navigate your way around my blog, please use the labels below; A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' by Come What May

The outside of our album cover

The outside of our album cover
Front of Our Digipak

Digipak

Digipak
The Inside of Our Digipak
Our website, please click on it to access.

Saturday 19 September 2015

R&P Post 8: Possible tracks for the single

As I have a similar taste in music to my group members it made this task a lot more convenient as I knew it was achievable to find a track that we would all enjoy.

To commence, I googled alternative and indie rock bands and most of the bands that came up were a bit too heavy and generally appealed to an older target audience as opposed to teenagers.


One of the bands that came up were Kings of Leon and I thought there style would be suitable for the conceptual video I knew my group wanted to attain. 



I thought this song was quite symbollic of the artist trying to find himself and figure out who he is. I was inspired by Tove Lo's Talking Body as I thought the use of props and style of her video could be replicated if we were to create a music video for Be Somebody.


The lyrics used in the song are also quite meaningful, such as; 'No you can't get enough', which could be referring to many things, possibly to drugs, so I was again inspired by Tove Lo's fish eye effect in her music video Stay High as this creates a disorientated atmosphere.  

The down side of this song was that we thought it was slightly too repetitive and slow and there was not enough to play with within the lyrics. 

Our next possible track was by an indie band called The Neighbourhood. 



We all really liked the symbollism of the wires which could be demonstrating how the person being referred to is going crazy and the wires are representative of his brain and the signals within.

My idea was of having a psychiatric style room in which the character is trapped, this would eb symbollic of him being trapped in his own mind, but within this room we would have him carrying out specific activities such as drawing on the walls or playing with wires. At the chorus I was thinking of having authorative characters banging on the door 'screaming let us in'.

I think my group would like our video to be slightly more conceptual and less narrative so we are unsure of this track but we really like the sound of it but are unsure of how to push this idea further.

Lastly, the final track we have been considering is by Nothing but Thieves.

We all love this track and thought the lyrics were a goldmine for ideas. We like the idea of power and technology overruling our lives so we were going to create a really conceptual video of technology coming to life and slowly taking over.

Musically this video is ideal as between each chorus the verses are shorter each time which means is great for our music video as the audience won't get bored within each chorus. There is also a lot of variety within the style of music as the tempo is constantly changing and so is the volume which would allow us to build to a climax.

No comments:

Post a Comment