Introduction to me

My name is Shayam Utting, 9163, and I am in group 1 with Amber Mota, 9114, and Alistair Price, 9137.

To navigate your way around my blog, please use the labels below; A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' by Come What May

The outside of our album cover

The outside of our album cover
Front of Our Digipak

Digipak

Digipak
The Inside of Our Digipak
Our website, please click on it to access.

Sunday 13 September 2015

R&P Post 5: The kind of video I would like to make

I would say that music videos can often be split into three categories; performance, narrative and conceptual. I personally would like my music video to be both conceptual and performance-based as I think we will evoke more emotions from our audience and I am aware that narratives can regularly be too cliché and not work out very well.

Everybody Hurts was directed by Spike Jonez and although this video isn't as atention-capturing as I would like mine to be it helped me realise that having conceptual ideas in my video is very important to me.



After having investigated the relationship between lyrics-image-music I realised that for the rock genre in particular, a performance element was quite crucial. Foo Fighters followed common genre conventions for a rock video which contained a heavy performance element. As Andrew Goodwin suggests, the images in a music video will illustarte and amplify your choice of music and I can clearly see how the performnce aspects of their video reinforce their band's image.


The music video below was very similar to how I would like my video to be.


Zinger - Astrea (Official Videoclip) from Barefooted Knights on Vimeo.

Astrea shows the journey of two creatures in search of unity who are being helped by some sort of supernatural force that is pulling at their strings.


No comments:

Post a Comment