Introduction to me

My name is Shayam Utting, 9163, and I am in group 1 with Amber Mota, 9114, and Alistair Price, 9137.

To navigate your way around my blog, please use the labels below; A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' by Come What May

The outside of our album cover

The outside of our album cover
Front of Our Digipak

Digipak

Digipak
The Inside of Our Digipak
Our website, please click on it to access.

Thursday 12 March 2015

Construction Post 10: Looking back - reflections on our final outcome

Looking back over the whole production and post-production process, I am very pleased with how our project turned out and how well my group worked together.

The highlights of the project for me have been:
- The continuous support and encouragement that we have given each other.
- The fact that we were all friends before the project began.
- I gained a lot of confidence working with Monica and Amy. For example, after shooting for hours I would lose my enthusiasm but Monica would always be offering to get me a drink or telling me she was proud of me.
- Experimenting with the order of our shots and the length of them although grading was still my favorite aspect.

The low points of the project would be how time-consuming the filming and editing was. It was always dissuading when we would watch our shots back and find out they didn't look as good as we had hoped they would. When filming me putting on lipstick we ended up taking about 20 takes as I was not applying the lipstick correctly and ruined the elegant effect I was trying to create which was really frustrating.

I hope that our opening looks professional and stylish as we put a lot of effort into it but more importantly I am hoping that the audience can identify the strong female character and realize that she is not as good as she may seem. Hopefully this will be connoted by the representations, such as the passports in the drawer and the photos on the iPad. I also hope that my audience will be drawn in and want to watch more of our film.

In hindsight if we had more time..
- I would of liked to find the music earlier on so we could spend more time editing it.
- We could have added more effects to our shots.
- We could have taken more of a variety of shots from different angles and framing.

No comments:

Post a Comment