Introduction to me

My name is Shayam Utting, 9163, and I am in group 1 with Amber Mota, 9114, and Alistair Price, 9137.

To navigate your way around my blog, please use the labels below; A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' by Come What May

The outside of our album cover

The outside of our album cover
Front of Our Digipak

Digipak

Digipak
The Inside of Our Digipak
Our website, please click on it to access.

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Question 7: Looking back at your peliminairy task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

I feel I have learnt a lot and improved on many of my skills since creating our preliminary task. My production and post-production abilities have developed greatly.

Our Preliminary task:

We had to work in a group - I was with Gift- to create a sequence containing continuity and dialogue between two characters.



We edited the shots afterwards whilst following basic continuity principles such as the 180 degree rule and shot-reverse shots, as shown below.


Below I have created a flow diagram showing the process and stages we took to create our preliminary task.


I have compared and contrasted our preliminary task with our opening to evaluate what e did differently and how we improved.


The editing process was very enjoyable as we could all come in our free periods and do our own little bit. I learnt many new skills on Adobe Premiere Pro but I would have liked to work on LiveType slightly more and of experimented with graphics. Overall, I am very happy with how the editing process went and how all our elements fit together. 
Our edit suite

Our group did not argue very much and often agreed with each other which made the whole process easier. I think that working on the prelim helped us develop our teamwork skills and made it easier to collaborate for this project.
My group at the edit suite.
Finally, we also had to have market research for our opening whereas with our preliminary exercise it was not necessary. This meant that we were more informed and always had something to improve on in order to reach and appeal to our target audience. To be more professional I think we could have asked a larger range of ages, particularly as our film had a secondary audience of an older audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment